WE WELCOME VOLUNTEERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD!
Come and volunteer with Kilimanjaro Childlight Foundation (KCF) and have an unforgettable experience, while making a difference in the lives of vulnerable children in Tanzania! We welcome volunteers to assist with our community outreach, education, health and renovation projects. Come and experience traditional Tanzanian life, immerse yourself in the culture and gain an insight into the problems facing people living in poverty.
You will have the chance to explore one of Tanzania’s most beautiful regions on your time off: catch a glimpse of the big five on an unforgettable safari in the Serengeti, take a day trip to our nearby hot springs and waterfalls or hike the highest mountain in Africa, Mount Kilimanjaro.
Volunteering with Kilimanjaro Childlight Foundation is a unique and rewarding experience that’s safe, fun, and exciting. But most importantly, you will have a chance to make a positive impact on the lives of some of the most vulnerable children in Tanzania!
FIND OUT MORE:
We offer a number of volunteer opportunities and programs that can also be tailored to suit the volunteer’s skills and expectations:
- Volunteer as a teacher in a local school or orphanage and invest in a child’s future. Your caring input will be a great help and much appreciated as schools are often under staffed and lack resources.
- Help improve health standards for vulnerable children. Provide awareness on improved hygiene and sanitation practices and teach about malaria and HIV/AIDS prevention. Visit sick children in hospitals and offer support.
- Partake in our community outreach projects and help us offer care and support to children whose families live in extreme poverty. Our community projects assist vulnerable families with food, clothing, educational resources and healthcare.
- Improve the living and learning conditions of disadvantaged children and help us rebuild and renovate schools, houses, and orphanages through our Future Light Projects. Click here for more details.
EXPERIENCE LOCAL CULTURE!
EXPERIENCE TANZANIAN LIFE
Visit some rural villages to learn about and experience Tanzanian life.
COOK TANZANIAN FOOD
Cook Tanzanian food such as Ugali, Makande and Machalari.
PLAY THE AFRICAN DRUM
Learn to play the African drum.
TANZANIAN SONGS & DANCES
Sing and learn Tanzanian songs and dances.
CREATE LOCAL ART
Help create local artworks.
Learn to speak Swahili.
PLANT & EAT
Plant and eat local vegetables and try local coffee.
USE TRADITIONAL TOOLS
Use traditional Tanzanian tools for different activities.
HIKE & VISIT THE COUNTRYSIDE, WATERFALLS & HOT SPRINGS
Hike in the countryside and swim in waterfalls and hot springs.
RELAX & SWIM
Relax by a swimming pool and soak up some rays.
LOCAL MARKET & PARKS
Visit Moshi’s markets and parks.
DRINK BANANA WINE!
Make and drink banana beer wine!
ACCOMODATION AND COSTS
We offer a number of different accommodation options:
Double rooms shared bathroom: $10
Double rooms shared bathroom including breakfast: $15
Private rooms shared bathroom: $15
Private rooms shared bathroom including breakfast: $20
Volunteers can choose to have their food included for an extra cost of $6 a day or self cater in our kitchen.
KCF accommodation can provide:
- Hot and cold showers
- Internet access
- Communal lounge area with TV
- Kitchen for self catering
- Beautiful landscapes and nearby views of Mount Kilimanjaro
- Laundry service
- 24hr security
- Airport transport service
- Bookings for tours and activities in the area
We ask volunteer’s to pay a volunteer program fee to cover the running costs of the project they will be assisting with. The fee will cover your transport to volunteering sites, an orientation meeting on arrival, local SIM card, and a donation to the project. The cost varies depending on what project you will volunteer on and the length of stay but is approximately $25 a week.